Author- Kody Keplinger
Rating- 3 out of 5
Companion/Sequel/Other- Stand Alone
Goodreads Synopsis- Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part, Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention.
Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: She and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. And Lissa never sees her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling, coming.
What I Loved-
1) The Storyline! I loved how this story with the topic of sex. This was one of the main focuses of the story. I think that this was great to read about, especially if you're a younger girl. It kind of focuses on the reality of sex.
2) Girl Power! This was absolutely great to read about. I loved how they all stood together and were able to talk about sex with each other. How some of them felt as though they should be having sex because that was the "normal" thing to do for girls there age. How some felt they were weird because they didn't enjoy it. I really enjoyed how they could just open up to one another-although I do admit that it took some time- but it was great to read about. This is how it should be.
3) The Best Friend! Chloe was absolutely amazing! She was such a fun character to read about. I think what I loved most about her was the fact that she was never afraid to speak her mind. She always told it like it was and it was great to read about.
What I Didn't Love
1) The Main Character! Lissa, the main character in this story, was someone I really didnt feel a connection with. Every time she spoke or said something I kind of wanted to put the book down. Of course I didn't though. To be honest, I felt as though she was really annoying. She was always complaining, whining, and known to make stupid choices.
2) The Romance! Now this is not to say that I didn't love Cash as a character, or that I absolutely hated Cash and Lissa together. I really did enjoy them as a couple, at least for the few seconds we saw them together. I just wish we got to see more of them in an actual relationship. I really think that would have made me feel a connection with the relationship better. Oh well.
“You can't control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.”
“I don't think normal exists.”