Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Review- Frostbite

Title- Frostbite
Author- Richelle Mead
Pages- 327
Rating- 4.3 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- Book 2 of 6
[Warning- May contain SPOILERS]

Goodreads Synopsis-  It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

What I liked-
1) Dimitri! Yes, of course I have to mention Dimitri! I just love him. He's an awesome, badass character, who I look forward to reading about.   

2) Adrian! That's right! We meet Adrian in this book and I'm so thankful for that. I'm really excited to get to know more about him and more of what he's capable of doing.

3) The Ending! Oh lord, how amazing was the ending. Unlike the first book, the climax of the book was absolutely amazing. I mean the whole time I was wondering what the hell was going to happen. And I absolutely loved how it got pieced together!

4) Rose and Lissa's Bond! This is something that I really enjoyed in the first book, and it was even better in the second. I mean, not only does she get the feelings from Lissa, but now she can literally be transferred into her head and see/feel everything that Lissa can. I mean, how crazy is that? And I don't just mean crazy in an "unbelievable" type of way, but also crazy as in that would drive any person insane to be able to do that!

5) Janine Hathaway! We finally meet Rose's mom! The relationship between Rose and Janine is extremely intense, but addicting to read about and truly added a lot to the story. They have a strained mother-daughter relationship because Janine has never been in Rose's life. Her mom is all about the job, and Rose can't seem to get past that.

What I didn't like-
1) The lodge! The fact that this book didn't take place at the school, well honestly, sucked. Not to say it was terrible, because it wasn't. But I really just love the whole boarding school aspect. Even though this book was at the school in the beginning and end, I definitely hope we get to see it take place more at the school in the future books.  

2) Rose! Now don't get me wrong, she was still her badass self, which I loved. It's just that she seemed to be more annoying in the beginning and middle of this book and I kind of wanted to smack her a few times during it. HOWEVER, at the end she definitely became tolerable and I ended up loving the change in her!

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to continue on with the series. Especially since I've heard the third and fourth books are the best! 

3 comments:

  1. Vampire Academy series is so good and it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to continue on with the series!

      Delete
  2. Watched by a couple of his masters who are indeed missing him, the fight between Natsu and Kenichi is really very good. Natsu http://www.cityofwestwego.com/home.asp doesn't like that he's being used in this kidnapping event but he has such a grudge against Kenichi that he'll fight him any way possible. The fight itself http://www.dibaq.com/read.html is really good with interesting combinations and the animation for it is more detailed and fluid than most of the series in general which heightens the intensity of the fight. And with a fight like this, we get a lot of history on Natsu which chanel outlet has some gaping plot holes but adds a lot to his overall motivation and his method of fighting alone with no real ties. There's an interesting moment when he again forcefully puts himself louis vuitton outlet on the path of being alone yet has Miu's grandfather warning him that the path is empty and that he knows it because he's walked it himself.

    ReplyDelete