Sunday, June 29, 2014

Book Review- A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forest

Title- A Shade of Vampire
Author- Bella Forest
Pages- 156  
Rating- 3 out of 5  
Companion/Sequel- First in a series

Goodreads Synopsis- On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. 

She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.

Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.


Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?

What I Loved
1) I loved the fact that this was such a quick read. I was able to finish it in half a day.

2) I really enjoyed the duo perspective throughout this story. Reading from both Sophias and Dereks point of view definitely gives you a better understanding for the characters.

3) The idea of this taking place on an island is definitely intriguing.

4) Derek. I'm very interested in him.

What I Didn't Love
1) Character wise, they definitely felt to underdeveloped. However, with this story being so short, it's definitely to be expected.

2) The relationship between Sophia and Derek felt way to rushed. It was definitely insta-love. The feelings that Derek felt for Sophia did seem a bit obsessive.

3) Throughout this whole story, you know that this girl is kidnapped, but yet it seems as if she doesn't seem to care. I mean, yes she does try to escape, but afterwards she falls for Derek. It just seems like she doesn't care anymore. I know it has to do with her feelings for Derek, but I just feel as though she needs to keep in mind that she has been KIDNAPPED!!

Overall I enjoyed this story but I'm really not sure if I want to continue on with story anytime soon. I am interested to see what happens but I have a lot more stories that I'm interested in getting to than the rest of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment