Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Book Review- Easy by Tammara Webber

Title- Easy
Author- Tammara Webber
Pages- 310
Rating- 5 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- Stand Alone
[WARNING- CONTAINS SPOILERS]

Goodreads Synopsis-
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.



What I Loved
1) The Writing. The writing in this story was so well done. It flowed so smoothly and everything fit together perfectly.

2) The Characters. I felt an instant connection with the two main characters, as well as the secondary characters. I feel in love with Jacqueline and Lucas, as well as Erin and Benji who supplied some much needed comic relief. Obviously both the main characters had there flaws and problems they have yet to deal with, but that is why I feel in love with them. Because they were so REAL! 

3) The Story. This story deals with a very tough subject and I absolutely loved how Tammara Webber went about dealing with it. From the attack, to Jacqueline not wanting to tell anyone in fear of getting her friends at the party in trouble. From not telling her parents because she didn't think they would understand and didn't want to hear an "I told you so", to keeping the attack a secret from her best friend in fear that she might blame her. The way that Tammara Webber went about telling this story was truly amazing and so real.

4) ERIN!! The best friend, and a truly amazing friend to have! I love how in the beginning Jacqueline was so afraid to tell her best friend about the attack because she was afraid she would blame her, but when she finally got the courage to tell her, Erin was there for her, no questions asked. I loved that, because even though I've never been in this situation, I would have to say this type of thing happens a lot(people getting the blame put on themselves for it) and that definitely plays a big reason in why people don't report attacks.

I love how Erin was there for her, signing them both up for Self Defense classes, and even dumping her boyfriend who didn't believe that his best friend could be a monster. Which had me asking myself this question. If that was me could I believe my best friend could do something like that? Could be a monster? I mean would anyone want to believe that there best friend could be capable of doing something like that?

What I Didn't Love
1) This isn't a big issue, just something that I wanted to address. The fact that Jacqueline went so far as to asking her professor about Lucas. I understand why she did it, I just think she should have waited for him to tell her instead of pushing the issue with others. I do believe that if she did wait, he would have told her, it just would have been at his own time.


FAVORITE QUOTES 


“The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.”

“As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be--Maybe you're here for a reason, or there is no reason.”
 
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

No comments:

Post a Comment