Author- Veronica Roth
Rating- 5 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- 2nd in trilogy
Goodreads Synopsis- One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Personal Thoughts- There were a lot of mixed reviews about this series. My expectations for this book were extremely high because I loved Divergent. However, when the book was released there were a lot of mixed reviews for it, and so my extremely high expectations dramatically decreased. So with that in mind, going into this book I was expecting something that was “okay”. What I got was something that was fantastic. I loved many things about this book.
1) The fact that we get more in depth with the other factions. We get to visit the other factions and see how the truth serum works in Candor, how the voting process works in Amity, and how strong the Factionless are for surviving.
2) I loved how Tobias and Tris are on the same team, but they were working towards a different goal.
3)The relationships throughout this book. Tris and Christina had some problems and what was great was reading about how the problem and their friendship progressed. Also the relationship between Tris and Four. They also had their problems, and again it was great to see how it progressed. Why I thought the relationships were so great is because it’s just like real life. People’s lives aren’t perfect all the time, and it was great to read that throughout the book.
4) The Divergents! The list grows and you find that out throughout the book.
5)The ending. That’s all I’m going to say.
Of course with all books, they’re some things that we don’t like. But with Insurgent there was only one thing I didn’t like.
1) I didn’t like how Tris intentionally kept on putting herself into situations that would get her killed. I mean, I know she feels bad about her parents and Will’s death but getting herself killed is not going to avenge their deaths. Every time a situation like this came up I just wanted to scream at her.
Characters- They are certain things that I love about Veronicas Roth characters.
1) They’re strong.
3) They look out for each other.
4) Finally there’s Tobais/Four. How can you not love him?
I I did post a video review about this, but I decided to do a written review as well. Written reviews, for me, seem to be more in depth.