Saturday, April 25, 2015

Deweys 24 Hour Readathon || UPDATES!

So here is where I will do some updates on this post throughout this Readathon! 

1st Update(1pm)- I woke up a few hours after the Readathon started. I planned to start right when it began, but that didn't work out. Sleep was calling! I made some coffee and started with Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. A few distractions have occurred, so I haven't read as much as I could have. Only about 50 pages or so. But I'm sitting down after this update and knocking out a big chunk of this book! How're you doing? 



2nd Update(6:50pm)- Here I am with another update. So I read a few more pages in Cruel Beauty before I had to leave. I was going to be gone a few hours and wasn't able to get any reading in. Now I'm back and have decided to pick up Volume 2 in the Saga series. I finished the first volume before the Readathon and I definitely wanted more. I can't believe it has taken me this long to start this series. As I write this I'm almost finished with Volume 2 of Saga and I haven't decided if I want to go straight to volume 3 or pick Cruel Beauty back up! 


3rd Update(1145pm)- so after I finished Saga Vol 2, I took a break to catch up on some YouTube video while I eat my dinner. After watching some videos, mainly Dewey TBR videos, I got back to reading. I pick Cruel Beauty back up and read up to 175 pages. Honestly, it's a pretty weird book. But I'm feeling pretty good about what I've read. I decided to put that back down, took another break(shorter this time.) I grabbed some water, candy, and headed back up to read. I picked up Saga Vol 3 and am currently reading that! I'm enjoying it so far. How are you guys doing?



Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
I'm currently reading Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hogde!
2. How many books have you read so far?
I finished Volume 2 of Saga, a graphic novel, over 100 pages into Cruel Beauty, and started Volume 3 of Saga!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Reading some more Saga, because I'm currently obsessed with it!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
YES! Mainly distractions of having to leave and not being able to sit and read!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
The fact that I haven't participated in this readathon before!  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress! Hope you enjoy Saga - it's such a great comic series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much enjoying it! Currently starting Vol 3!

      Delete