Sunday, February 23, 2014

Book Review- The Fault In Our Stars

Title- The Fault In Our Stars
Author- John Green
Pages- 313 
Rating- 5 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- Stand Alone

Goodreads Synopsis-  Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

My Thoughts- There were so many amazing things about this novel. I want to mention that this was my first John Green read and I was not disappointed. I knew how much everyone loved this novel, and now I can see why. John Green writes in such a way that you can't help but fall in love with the story and the characters. I was so glad to have read this book, and to have made it my first John Green read.

What I Liked-
1) The characters. Oh my gosh, that was probably, if not the best, part of the book. Every character in this novel was absolutely amazing. From the main characters, Hazel and Augustus, to characters you didn't see much of, such as Monica and Gus's parents.

2) Issac! I mean how amazing was he? He was another character who went through so much, but still seemed to act strong. And the friendship that he and Augustus have was just absolutely amazing. And when Hazel joined, it just felt so right!

3) ROMANCE! The romance was just absolutely beautiful. It was so well written, that if you didn't fall in love with these characters...well then, I honestly have no words. Along with that, the relationship that developed felt so real. Not forced or rushed, just perfect! 

4) QUOTES!! There were so many amazing and wonderful quotes all throughout this book. I found myself putting a post it on quite a bit of pages while reading it.

Favorite Quotes  
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
 “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
 “Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always” 
 “You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”

What I Didn't Like-
1) Is it over? When I got to the very last page, I turned it expecting more. It didn't feel like it was the end. Now, I'm not saying I hated it, it just didn't feel like the end. However, I really did love those last few pages. They were so powerful.


 

2 comments:

  1. TFIOS is such a lovely book. I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this book, and I was glad that it was my first read by him. I definitely want to read more.

      Delete