Saturday, December 21, 2013

Book Review- Anatomy of a Boyfriend

Title- Anatomy of a Boyfriend
Author- Daria Snadowsky
Pages- 259 
Rating- 3 out of 5
Companion/Sequel- First Book(could also be read as a stand-alone)

Goodreads Synopsis-
Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing—and touching—parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall.


Positives-
1) I loved that this book deals with all of the firsts. From the first kiss, to the first time, it goes through everything. 
2) I loved how Daria wasn't afraid to make sex a big part in this book, because lets be real here, MOST teens do have sex and what Dom was thinking is what a typical teenager thinks.
3) I really liked Doms best friend Amy(Ames). She was the not-afriad-to-say-what's-on-her-mind, I'm-going-to-put-it-all-out-there, type of person. Whenever she was in the book I just found myself laughing, and I loved it.
4) This new guy we met, Calvin, seems like a potentially awesome character. I want more of him!
5) I like how the book was set up, into parts. It really worked well for the formatting of this story.

Negatives-
1) The main character Dom(nickname), annoyed me to no end quite a bit and I just couldn't deal. In fact whenever I decided to put the book down and stop reading for the day it was because she did something that just irritated me and I was just "okay enough for today"
2) Dom kept worrying about Wes's dog, Jessica. It just seemed like she was jealous of the dog and it crept me out to the max. I mean really? The dog? 
3) She felt too dependent on Wes, and she has only been with him for a few months. That really got to me, and I couldn't stand it.

This book is more in the New Adult genre. It deals with pretty much everything a typical teenager deals with and it doesn't leave anything out. Overall this book was just an okay novel for me, but I am interested in checking out the next book, Anatomy of a Single Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment