Wednesday, February 25, 2015

TAG- The Reader Problems


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I pretty much just grab whatever I'm in the mood for! That's really how I decided what I'm going to read next. Or if I plan on reading something with my friend.
 
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?
It depends on what "not loving it" means. Does it mean I'm absolutely hating it? Or does it mean it's okay, but I'm really not invested and I just want to get this over with? If it means that I'm absolutely hating it, then I will just quit, but if I'm liking it, but just want it to be over with, I will push myself to finish it, by skimming certain parts.
 
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Oh definitely try to catch up. I mean who wouldn't?
 
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
A cover change doesn't really bother me much. It really doesn't frustrate me if the covers are different as long as I have all the books then I'm good. 
 
5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Goodreads!!! Goodreads is your best friend when trying to find people who share the same feelings with you on a book. You're guarenteed to fins someone who disliked the book as well.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don't cry when reading books so this has never been a problem for me. But if it was the case, then I would put the book away. I wouldn't want people to see me like that.
 
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!
I will re-read, or mainly skim, through the prior novel. Or I will look up reviews on YouTube, or spoilers on book blogs. They're many places to go to get recaps.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Simply say, I'm sorry but I don't lend my books out. It's that easy.
 
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I really don't like having to push myself to finish a book so what I do is either pick up a book that I know I will absolutely love(which means a re-read), or just not read. I will either go watch a movie or some TV until I can't get over it. Sometimes taking a break from reading is needed!
 
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
It depends on how bad I want them. Usually I can put them in order and I will get the one that I absolutely want first. And I only buy maybe two or three at once. 
 
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I usually don't read them right away, which is why I only buy two or three at once. They will usually sit on my shelf for a few months or so. I know, a shame!

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your answers! Hope you don't mind if I steal this (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely not! I would love to hear what your answers are :)

      Delete
  2. If you don't mind, I really want to do this! Looks like fun (and pain, but still)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not. I would love to read your answers :)

      Delete
  3. This is brilliant, I'd love to do it if you don't mind! I totally relate to not lending out your books, nobody touches my books!

    ReplyDelete