Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reading Break? Slump? What do I call it?

Lately I've been in such a reading....well I don't really want to call it a slump, so I guess I'll say break. But "break" doesn't fit it either. I want to read, but every time I pick up a book, I can only get a few pages in. Nothing has been capturing my interest and it's not fun! I want to read something new, fresh, and fun. Mainly I just want to read ALL the books. However, with the way that I've been feeling, it's just not happening.

Perhaps it's just finding the right book. Should I keep forcing myself to pick up these books and continue on or should I just wait for the right one to pull me out of my slump? Maybe I should join in on a read-a-long with some other readers? Perhaps that's what I need. Who knows?

With all that being said, that doesn't mean that I haven't been buying books(just not many). I have a few books that I've been collecting that need to be hauled! Right now they're only about 3 books, so I plan on waiting until I get a few more so I can make a decent haul. However, for now let me know what you guys do when you're in a reading "slump/break". Do you force yourself to read something? Do you reread a book you remember loving and haven't read in awhile, or do you just wait it out?

1 comment:

  1. Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple was a show that chanel replica really did surprise me in its first season by being more fun than I expected. Some aspects make replica handbags me cringe a little, such as the ridiculous outfits that the women often have to wear or the large chest size of Miu in general that plays up the fanservice angle. But these are minor complaints and things that are, for better or worse, traditions in the genre hermes outlet. This season gets off to a very good start and is something that I'm glad to see doing well for FUNimation, It's a fun show that has found a good balance of seriousness to go with the humor and mildly outlandish story elements. The core idea is what's most appealing though as it has a group of masters putting one young man through a ton fendi outlet of training abuse to make him the strongest of the strongest. The mixed styles and the regular fights that don't feel like they're pulling punches as other shows do gives this an edge over them and leaves a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete